About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Logan Update: Monday, 8/30/10

Today was a mixed bag filled with bits of good and less good, but more of the former than the latter. Since I've already touched on the first part of the day in my earlier note and status update, I'll go on from there.


But before I do, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank you for your prayers regarding Logan's sleep. I've very pleased to report that last night was a big improvement over the night before, and that this afternoon he enjoyed a two-hour uninterrupted nap on the couch. So grateful for that since I know he's exhausted and his little body is trying so hard to recover from the surgery. Please continue to pray for strength and energy for him, particularly as we head into the latter part of the week. Also pray for his sweet little head and his tummy, since he still complains on a semi-regular basis that both are hurting him.


After a relatively quiet day, things got crazy this evening. I took a quick shower and wound up trying to get dressed while simultaneously answering two ringing phones. (The doorbell also rang, but fortunately Adam took care of that one. :) ) Thank you to my sister-in-law Reaya for digging up some good referral information for us, and to my wonderful friend Becky for not only bringing us dinner, but for heading up the 'how can we help' committee. Okay, it's not really called that, but eh, you get the idea. (If you'd like her email address, please PM me privately.) The kids actually ate her meal, which is quite the impressive feat here in Picky Town.


After dinner, we all got dressed in slightly nicer duds and headed out to a park on the other side of town for a photo shoot with my friend Chrissy, who is a professional photographer (and also a really fun, sweet person). It was overcast and the light faded quickly, but I'm sure she got some great shots. There were big lollipops involved in part, so be on the lookout for some sticky sweetness later on.


And that pretty much brings us to The Now. It's late-ish. The kids all went down easily and it's still and quiet, save the sound of our tick tock clock. I got through the day without a nap (and without feeling like I needed one) for the first time in a while, so I'm grateful for that. I'm also grateful for Logan's outburst of song and dance this morning; for the sound of his darling little voice singing Jesus Loves Me, Yes to VBS, Saddle Ridge Ranch and a few other tunes I can't quite recall. I had to hold back the tears as I clued in and realized what he was proclaiming - that Jesus loves him - despite his discomfort and pain. Innocence is such a blessing and it's lost so soon in life that sometimes I forget it even exists. No skepticism, no attitude. Just pure-hearted belief. It's part of what I love so deeply about my little boy.


Good night, and thank you for continuing to pray big, bold prayers for us. Miracles happen every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment