About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yo-yo, 10/13/10

Sigh. Yesterday's WBC count increase was a fluke. He's back down to 0 this morning and cranky as hell.


I didn't win a writing award. Of course it was never in the bag, but I'm pretty insulted, especially when I saw the identity of the person who did win. She's a fine writer, but she doesn't do much in the category in question. It all but wiped out the tiny bit of pride and self-confidence I had left.


I had a load of contractions yesterday for the first time in 7 weeks.


When is this shit going to stop? I mean really: I got that nugget of hope only to have it pulled away 24 hours later. WTF is going on? WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment