About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Request 10/24/10

Good afternoon, folks. I got here to the hospital on this rainy, foggy Sunday afternoon at around noon to find Logan resting peacefully. Thank God for that! His heartrate has been primarily in the 130s and his respirations in the high 20s and low 30s. Again, thank God for that! He'd been working SO hard to just breathe that it's a relief to see him comfortable. Adam's mom shared that they hope to wean him from the oxygen today; they took him down to .5 liter this morning and he appears to be handling it with a beautiful 100% saturation. So thank God for that, too.


I don't yet have any lab work stats to share because apparently, his blood and that of four other kids were 'lost' somewhere in the tube system this morning, so they re-drew a little while ago. (Yeah, don't get me started. But I choose ot believe that GOD is in control of all of this so I won't worry. Much.)


Anyway, I started to goof off with FarmVille (add me as a neighbor if you play), and then felt compelled to pray. I said 'okay, God, what do I pray for? Wisdom for the doctors? Fewer errors? Healing for my little sunshine?' So I prayed briefly fo all of the above, and then felt compelled to ask all of you for a specific prayer: That there will be NO loss of progress with tumor reduction due to the delays we're facing with round 3. So, please pray (and get your masses to pray) that the division of cells in the bugger will be stunted, stopped in its tracks. For good, ideally, but at least until we can kick at it again with cycle 3. As much as I want to get to Tuesday's MRI and have the neurosurgeon say 'I can get the rest of it!', I want to make sure our bases are covered here, too. If you like, of course, please pray for that, too!


Thank you all and enjoy your Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment