The kid gloves are off. Although I'm trying to keep tabs on my emotions because it's the only way I can survive right now, I'm pissed off.
The positive news is that barring a fever, Logan can probably go home tomorrow.
The bad news? Neither Abby nor Isaac can be there when he does, courtesy of my newest nemesis: The chicken pox. Chicken bleepin' POX. A kid in Abby's class has it, and apparently it's been going around the school. A stupid, generally harmless childhood illness is going to keep Logan from seeing his siblings for more than three weeks. The one big Fall activity that I was consoling myself with, that I figured we'd definitely be able to do as a complete family -- our annual trip to the pumpkin patch at Half Moon Bay -- has been shot to hell.
And on top of that, Adam and I need to have titers done to make sure we haven't lost our own immunity. If we have... well, it'd get even more fun. As it is now, we're trying to figure out how we'll handle the next several weeks. But how do you choose between your two otherwise (knock on wood) healthy children who already feel neglected and the one who may die? We could let my ILs take A and I while we're both home with Logan. We could have one of us stay with Logan at the IL's house while the other is in Pleasanton FT with the others. But we have to nearly eliminate transit between Abby/Isaac and Logan. How do you make that kind of decision?