About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Change in Plans 10/25/10

It's been an odd kind of Monday morning. It started off normally enough, with me taking Abby over to school, and then spending some time at home with Isaac before heading off to my OB check*.


And then Adam called me as I was sitting in the exam room waiting for my doctor. He shared that Logan had recovered SO fast over the weekend that his oncologist and the transplant team wanted to move his stem cell harvest up a day to tomorrow. Okay, so cool beans. That GCSF (and a little something else we all know has amazing powers!) really does it's thing effectively. Surprisingly effectively, based on the doctors' reactions.


And THEN he dropped the bomb: Because of the date change for the harvest, Dr. T wanted to move the BIG MRI up to... today. Yikes! I'd been anticipating having another 24 hours to get acclimated to the idea, but nope, the plan is to take him down to radiology at around 3PM this afternoon. I feel, once again, like I've been thrown into a really big body of really cold water. It's not a BAD thing to go early; I jut don't feel mentally ready. Of course, it also means I'm being denied an opportunity it stress which is a blessing, but still, oh my.


* I feel like baby boy has taken something of a hit in terms of attention since this little side road took us off our intended course in August. Anyway, this morning I measured 2 weeks behind. Now that doesn't mean that he's small; it could well just be that he's scrunched up in a weird position. But stilll, please pray for him, too. My OB said that he's not worried about it, but that if he's still measuring behind in 2 weeks, I'll have an ultrasound to check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment