About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

...Yes, it Does! 10/20/10

If you missed my last note, go back and read it before you hit this one.

**************


So yeah: I rallied the troops, and asked God for BIG things. And wouldn't you know it, it's already working... at least a little. ;) And I have to share it because it's what we're called to do.


My cell rang just as I was heading downstairs after putting Abby and Isaac to bed. It was the Adam-specific ringtone, and I admit it: For a second, I groaned, hoping that his voice wouldn't carry the same tired-sounding intonation it's had for the past several weeks. And it didn't. He sounded almost perky as he greeted me. Hmm, puzzling, I thought.


And then I heard an even sweeter sound: A croaky but still chirpy 'hi mommy!' that I haven't heard in quite some time. It wasn't laced with pain or sadness. It was tired, but it was Logan. I was immediately taken aback, and asked if he was feeling better, and he said yes. Now it isn't extraordinarily unusual for Logan to say that he feels better when he really doesn't just to make you feel better, but I could tell that this time, he probably meant it.


I was puzzled for about 2 seconds, and then I felt happiness. Joy. Gratitude. They all washed over me like waves over sand.


I held my tongue for a minute while Adam said that the two of them had been watching Looney Tunes. He said that Logan had been laughing at the show in a genuine way that he hadn't seen in some time. He went on to share that his mom mentioned that before he'd fallen asleep at around 7, they'd had one of the best conversations they'd had in months. I asked about the fever and his heartrate, and Adam his rate was in the 140s, and he didn't seem hot.


Just for comparison's sake, when I clicked 'Publish' on my last note at roughly 5:45, he had a fever of 101, was cranky and tired, and had no energy. An hour later, he was fever-free and yukking it up with grandma. And an hour after that, he's watching TV and laughing over the antics of Bugs Bunny, Sylvester and Yosemite Sam.


Check out them apples, folks.


YOU helped with that. Isn't it amazing? YOU helped to call attention to Logan and his plight, and GOD answered. I know, I know: Some of you will call it a coincidence and move on. And that's okay: As I've said before, faith is a personal thing and we have to make our own decisions. But tonight, I'm blown away.


Thank you for helping to make a difference in this small way. There are much bigger fish to fry, I know, but if this can happen in a few hours, just imagine what can happen over a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment