About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Home, 10/29/10

Logan had his 4th day of harvesting today (no results yet, just hoping to get .5 so we can reach 5). He and Adam arrived home again late-afternoon, and we headed over to Costco since Logan wanted some cheesy pizza. He ate some, which was good, and then wanted to come home. At the moment, the kids are all parked in the family room watching Tiny Toons. I'm so sick of Tiny Toons! But if it makes him happy, it's all good for now.


I have a lot of different emotions I want to commemmorate in writing, but I'm in SO much pain that I'm going to skip it for now and hope that the feelings stay fresh enough to do them justice later. Why am I in pain? Well, based on Dr Google, it seems like I probably have pelvic girdle pain. For the first time ever; never had a trace of it with my first three pregnancies. Figures, right? It hurts to walk, it hurts to stand up, it hurts to go up and down stairs. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm lying down and even then, if I lie in the same position for too long it starts to hurt. Please do me a huge favor and pray that it will go away so we can enjoy the weekend.


As always thank you also for your continued prayers for complete healing for Logan. We miss having our family together. It's so true that you never really appreciate what you have until you don't have it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment