About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Unsettled. 9/2/10

It's been a rough 24 hours. Logan was up a few times overnight frantically complaining that his head hurt. Once, he even threw up. Then this morning he was up extra early again complaining - crying, really - that the back of his head hurt and that he wanted to go see the doctors. I heard him tell Adam 'I want to feel better' and it was just so crushing to know that there was nothing I could do to help him. I insisted that Adam call neuro to see if we could try to go in earlier, and he did, begrudgingly. (God love my husband, but he's more stubborn that a mule most of the time.) I would've called myself, but Logan was in my bed next to me gripping my hand so tightly that I couldn't move. After being on hold for 10 minutes, someone finally came back and said it would be better to wait until our scheduled appointment at 9:30. 2 hours and 40 minutes from now.

It's like torture to me. I want to scream BUT HE'S IN PAIN NOW! SURELY HE'S IN AS MUCH IF NOT MORE PAIN THAN MOST OF THE KIDS THERE! but I know it's futile because we're now part of the medical machine that serves who it wants to serve, when it wants to serve them.

I need good news, other than figuring out at 1:30 AM that my air conditioner does indeed work.

No comments:

Post a Comment