About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday is No Fun-Day, or, Afternoon Frustration, 9/5/10

This probably isn't worthy of a full note on its own as it's more a rant than anything else, but I'm feeling really frustrated and overwhelmed this afternoon.


Logan is still singing the same shrill tune he's been wailing for days now: My tummy hurts, I want medicine, give me medicine. And he still won't eat. I'm at my wit's end. I'm discouraged, frustrated with him, angry, and starting to feel like this whole situation is just beyond redemption. Given where he is now, I honestly cannot imagine him ever being my sweetheart ever again. I feel like those days are over, and I hate that he's just a shell of who he was. It just isn't fair.


Eat, darn it. EAT. EAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment