About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Afternoon, 9/13/10

It's getting increasingly difficult to write out daily updates. I find that by the time I get home in the evenings and get Abby and Isaac off to bed, my mind is so tired and fried that I can't come up with the words. So bear with me as I update when I have the time and can muster the emotional energy.


Adam and I had a super fast switch-off this afternoon. Abby had a minimum day at school (for all non-Californians, it's essentially the term for half-day), so Isaac and I (and Buzz Lightyear) dropped her off at 8:15, went to Costco (yes, Buzz rode along in the cart), picked Abby up at 12:30, and then drove north. I pulled into the ER circle, called Adam from the van, and he came down. And that was it. So I don't know much about this morning, other than Logan had a shower for the first time in about a month. I'm sure I'll find out more once I get around to calling Adam for details. When I spoke with Prashant, he said that Logan would be getting a transfusion at some point this afternoon, which he said is par for the chemo course and especially with Logan's brutal protocol. At the moment, sunshine is sleeping so I'm not sure about his mood yet, but he looks peaceful. I also don't know what's happening in fever-land; I don't want to touch him and chance waking him up since I'm sure he needs the rest.


I want to go home so, so badly that it makes me nuts to have to keep driving up here, day after day after day. So much time wasted in the car. I know it's best that he be here right now, but again, it sucks. Same old song. Even to my ears it's starting to sound like blah blah blah.


On the bright side, Logan received four cards in the mail today. I don't know any of the people who sent them. It's always nice to realize how far-reaching your prayer circle has become. I know it must be larger than I can even come close to imagining, so thank you all for sharing Logan's story and for keeping us on your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment