About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hurry up and wait... again.

Logan had his second and extraordinarily pivotal MRI this afternoon. (He also had his second RSV vaccination as well as an unscheduled ultrasound to check his line, since it keeps clogging. It was clear, so he just has a sticky tube.) Philippa will call at some point tomorrow with the results, after the neurosurgeon has a chance to look at the images and give his weighty two cents.

I'm nervous, but not really afraid. I've prayed over the outcome of this MRI multiple times a day every day for the past four and a half months. Simply put, I've prayed for total pulverization and eradication of the tumors. And I know a lot of other people have prayed for exactly the same thing. I also know that God can totally make that happen. But will He? I don't know, hence the nerves.

I spoke with my mom on the phone briefly this evening. I was honest: With everyone who's been lifting Logan up in prayer, I can't imagine that the news wouldn't be of a positive ilk. But in the same breath, I'm concerned. Worried. Again, not really afraid, but certainly feeling unstable, like I'm standing on the deck of a small boat that's bobbing and bouncing through choppy waters. I can keep my balance, but I waver.

There's much more that I could write, but I'm so drained that I can't quite master the words.

Thank you for continuing to pray for complete healing for Logan and for our family as we go down this unexpected (and lousy) path. Blessings to you and yours.

And I'll update once I have news.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all throughout the day, knowing all that you are facing! Lifting up the same prayers for complete healing for Logan with you and anticipating the results from the MRI tomorrow. I really hope you are able to get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete