About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Friday, August 26, 2011

...and more frustration.

After spending the week with the nagging feeling that something simply wasn't right with Logan, he finally spiked a fever this evening. And naturally, it's a Friday night so we're once again going to be robbed of our weekend family time together. I'm trying to channel the frustration, heartbreak, anger, and generic negative emotions into something positive, but I'm not really getting anywhere. I'm so emotionally burned out that there's just not much left; no real room for hope or positive inclinations.

Adam's going to take him to CHO shortly. Please just pray that whatever is wrong is a minor issue, and that he'll be released within a few days. Also pray that I'll be able to let go of the anger, and that instead of directing it at God --which does me no good-- I'll be able to direct it toward the true origin of illness, which deserves my disdain anyway.

Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that he had a fever. I hope it is nothing serious and you are able to have some time to enjoy your family this weekend. You are due for some calm, restful time. I hope you get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. We're still praying. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this news. Thank you for keeping us updated. I wish that I could be there to help with something but I will be praying for you, Logan and the whole family. I hope his stay is short and that the fever is not from anything too serious. You're doing such a great job staying strong through all of this. Sending love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying the fever has subsided and a bit of peace will come your way, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete