About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just a Shortie

More than a month removed from the super-successful resection slash super disappointing bad news tandem, I'm still in a rut. I can't seem to get out of it, no matter how hard I try. It doesn't matter how much I pray or hope for the best or plead with God to make Logan well. I simply cannot push myself to be hopeful. It's not as if I don't understand why I feel as I do. We've been battered and beaten so many times along this journey, receiving more blessings followed by sucker punches than I ever thought possible. I'd gotten adept at getting back up again, dusting myself off after each disappointment. But it's proven extremely difficult to bounce back this time because I'm so mentally and emotionally spent. So in a nutshell, I ask you all (in addition to praying for Logan's healing!) to please pray that we'll get hopeful signs over the coming days. Things that I can see and recognize and that will serve to bolster my waning faith. I need to know that things will "be all right again", to quote Sugarland's "Little Miss". If God gives you something to share with me, please do so. Thank you for your support and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Sherry I think of you guys every time I hear that Sugarland song. I close my eyes and say a little prayer and try to send you thoughts of hope that "it'll be all right again."
    I hope everyone who has been reading along will pick you up with prayer.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will add this to my prayer list! Hoping to share an encouraging story with you soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry and all,

    My heart hurts for you all and I continue to pray for complete recovery and healing for Logan as well as for your entire family.

    I'll just share something that gave me hope this morning on the way to church. I was feeling a little down and yet God was taking me to church anyway, which is where I belonged. On my way, as I thought over disappointments in my life and pondered God's will in this I looked up and saw a very faint RAINBOW!. I thought I must be imagining it as it was not really overcast or rainy, so I looked again. And there it was so very faint and yet unmistakably there. God was telling me He was there, He was hearing me.

    And so, if you missed it this morning it was for you and yours also. Take heart; He hears and He is with you.

    With much love,

    Jenifer (and all the McIntyre's)

    ReplyDelete