About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

More Drama. Sort of.

Logan's issue with the left side of his face --I'll call it partial paralysis, though I'm not sure that that's what it is-- continued today, so Adam called CHO to mention it. The fellow or resident who took the call talked with Dr. T, who decided that yet another MRI would be in order either tomorrow or Tuesday. He reiterated that the MRI from 2 1/2 weeks ago had been completely stable in the brain-area and that there was no sign of anything going on, but still, they want to take a look.

Honestly, I don't know how much more of this I can take. My sneaking suspicion is that the devil is screwing with my emotions again. He does that a lot, and I've been trying to be more conscious of it and guard my heart from attacks. But darn it, it's hard when your child is the pawn. When your worst fears are thrown in your face over and over again.

So anyway, please pray over this. We deserve a good report. I don't use that word lightly because I don't think we're ever entitled to anything, but we've been through enough. Logan has endured enough. He DESERVES healing and an end to these attacks.

1 comment:

  1. I understand what you're saying about not wanting to say anyone's "entitled" or "deserving" of something....but I also agree wholeheartedly that NO ONE, no child, no family deserves to be going through what you all are going through, and repeatedly at that.
    Praying for a turn-around and a peaceful Thanksgiving week for you and Logan and the whole family. You are constantly in our prayers.
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete