The modified mastoidectomy (modified because they didn't remove the bone, rather cleaned it out) went well. The ENT said there were no complications and the team seemed pleased.
His release from CHO is dependent on a few items. For one, his pain needs to be well-managed. Right now, morphine is his friend, so he'll need to be able to get by with just Tylenol with Codeine. For another, they're waiting to see if the fluid removed from his maxillary sinuses grows any bacteria. If it doesn't, they'll be able to remove him from the antibiotic he's still taking. (The anti-fungal, however, will continue for some time to come.) There are a few other conditions that also need to be met, but the gist of it is that he could potentially be home by the very end of the week or the beginning of next. Of course our priority rests with doing what's safest for Logan, but it would be awesome if he could be home for Halloween and Abby's birthday.
Thank you for continuing to pray for Logan's health and sustained healing, and for the rest of our family as well. I confess that I've struggled mightily with anxiety --extreme at times-- over the course of the past days, and request that you pray for peace for me. I really need it.
Thank you, and many blessings from our home to yours.