About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Let Us Pray, Let Us Pray...

I know I've quoted that Steven Curtis Chapman song previously, but I think it bears repeating:

Let us pray, let us pray, everywhere in every way
Every moment of the day it is the right time

For the Father above, He is listening with love

And He WANTS TO ANSWER US, so LET US PRAY.


I really fell off the prayer wagon for a while there after the bad news about the spinal tumors broke. I'm ashamed of myself for that; after all, I hold no power over what's going on in Logan's body, but the God of the Universe, the Lord of all Creation DOES, so it was foolish to allow myself to be overcome with doubt and worry over the future.

This song has been playing and re-playing in my head for days now, so I take it as a sign that I need to get to work again. I need to strap on my armor, grab my sword and get to work against the evil that is this cancer. I've had some time to rest and be still, and now that time is over, and I need to make sure the troops are mobilized and hard at work.

Thank you all for praying for Logan and our family. Thank you for believing that God is the ultimate Healer and that He can -- that he WANTS to -- heal my little sunshine. It's so heartening whenever I hear that someone else has joined the team and is actively lifting us up, interceding on Logan's behalf.

Although I'm not without fear, I stand on the Rock and pray for BIG, amazing things in the future. I cannot wait to share them with you when they happen.

Blessings to you and yours this mid-week afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Praying BIG things WITH you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying every day for you all of you guys...
    I look forward to reading about those amazing things we are all praying for. Stay strong my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! May we all get praying even more! I will re-post it again tonight on our caringbridge site. I know those who have prayed for us will continue to pray for your family and Logan.
    Stay Shell Strong and B+.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying with you and for you each day, even though I've been mostly off line lately. Still praying the big, bold, prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete