About Us

Our family of 6 (dad Adam, mom Sherry, big sister Abby and little brothers Isaac and Brady -- who was born on December 14, 2010) joined the ranks of pediatric cancer fighters when our 4-year old son Logan was diagnosed with a dangerous and highly malignant form of brain cancer in mid-August 2010. Logan's cancer journey began abruptly on Sunday, August 15, when his right eye suddenly turned inward during dinner. Twenty-four hours later, we were checking into Children's Hospital Oakland and finding out that life sometimes takes you places you'd never, ever imagine yourself going.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Legacy

Anyone connected to me on Facebook is probably totally tired of hearing about this, so you can feel free to tune it out. But I want to get it out there for others, too.

Remember this tribute that I wrote shortly after Logan passed away? (Click the link.) Well, I decided to nominate it for a Yahoo! Contributor Network award. It felt a little obnoxious to go the self-nom route, but I really want this. I don't care about the monetary prize. I want it because I want more people to read about Logan and how he lived his life.

See, the great majority of people like me --moms who fight tooth and nail to save their children for months or years on end, only to have their hearts broken by worst case scenario outcomes-- don't get much attention. We just don't. Our kids die, and most people forget about us and our heartache. (Not that any of you have, since you're still here reading! Don't think THAT.) We're not sensationalized like some, and though I'm not all about sensationalism, I AM about making sure my child is remembered for being the amazing, incredible, fabulous person he was. It's my job to push it and make sure he has the legacy he so much deserved to have in this life.

So do me a favor. Help me out. Click and read the article. It's linked above. I just read it again to be sure I'm not pimping something that's not very good, and I still think it's good. Worthy. If you think it's worthy of recognition -- if Logan and the way he lived his life is inspiring-- please share it with your friends and family. Part of the award criteria involves page views, and I'm truly worried that I'll be lacking in that department.

Okay. I won't mention it again. But he's worth it, folks. He's totally and completely worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I just re-read it too. It is beautiful - touching - brings tears to my eyes. I just sent a message to all of my close friends and family asking them to read it.

    ReplyDelete